Monday, August 11, 2008

The "I Didn't Do It" Bear



This idea is going to make me filthy rich. I'm already working on the patent, so don't try stealing it.

This last week, I have been a "Stay At Home Mom". I have to say, I don't know how my girlyfriends do it. (Bless your hearts Kadi & Amberly.)

During my SAHM stint, I've learned a lot about my children. The top five statements that I have heard are (in no particular order):

*I didn't do it.
* That wasn't me.
* That's not my mess.
*I picked that up already, how did it get back on the floor?
And my all time favorite...
*It was her. ::pointing to another child::

My children still believe that I have eyes on the back of my head. That I see all/know all. I can not smudge this illusion by not following through on my "Iknowthat'syourmessIsawyou! Pickitup!" bluffs.

This is where the "I Didn't Do It" Bear comes in. I'm thinking he can be a nannycam only for naughty children. :) He seems innocent enough with his ruffled fur and patches. But, ah... What may resemble a crooked princes tiara on top of his head is actually a digital video recorder. (Bear..heh heh.. with me. I know nothing about technology beyond my cell phone and television remote.)

I'm going to have bears all over my house! I will now know who snuck the fruit snacks, who missed the trash can with the PB&J sandwich, how the fish tank water managed to slosh out of the tank onto the table all by itself, and how in the world the entire box of Q-Tips ended up floating inside the toilet.

*PING! IDEA!*

Know what would be SO awesome? Being able to print out photos of my children in action! Just imagine...

Me: WHO SPILLED APPLE JUICE INSIDE THE FRIDGE!!??

Chorus of angles: Not me Mommy!

I would then be able to present the children with the evidence!! I'm giddy with the idea! Not only will I have eyes on the back of my head but now a camera also.



No comments: