Monday, August 4, 2008

Match Closed

Yes. Again, I have attracted a married man.

I'm not sure that I understand how the penis overrides the brain, but it does. There needs to be more medical research done on this subject, I will give them his phone number as he would make a perfect patient for a "Penis Brain Syndrome" clinical trial.

About a year ago, I joined a dating site called OkCupid. It's kind of like a dating MySpace site, you take test and quizzes and they match you based off of the results. But you can also browse for matches based on location and stats.

This is how "Brstlvr" (YES, I know. I know... I know.) found me. He's 42, lives about 15 minutes from me and said he was divorced. We've been chatting by email for the last 3 months or so. A few weeks ago, I gave him my phone number. We have had numerous chats. I even asked him "You aren't married...right?" He emphatically insisted that he wasn't.

So.

Yesterday I received a call from him. I wasn't in the mood to talk so I sent him to voice mail. A few hours later, after things had calmed down and the kids were sleeping, I called him back. A woman answered. The conversation was short.

Her: Hello?

Me: ... hello...?

Her: Hello?

Me: *checking phone to make sure I called the right number*

::pause::

Me: *jaw dropping* hang up phone

A few seconds later his phone calls me back. No way in HELL I'm answering it! I wait. *ping* Voice mail.

With shaking hands, I listen.

"Hi Sheri, this is Sue... Wayne's wife. I'm not sure why you are calling his phone, but I want you to know that he's married."

I couldn't forward the message to Cousin J and girly friend JG fast enough!

I then sent the following text message to his phone:

'Married huh? Groan... Perhaps you should stay off dating sites, Wayne. Do not ever email me or call me again. In OkCupid lingo, you are dead to me - match closed.'

I wake up this morning to a missed call and a voice mail from Sue. She gave me her phone number and asked that I call her, she has a few questions for me.

My womanly duty never ends. *sigh* I am going to call her back today and then forward her a few of the emails he and I exchanged.

Thank GOODNESS I never met him in person. In fact, we were supposed to meet for coffee this week so I'm glad this happened before hand.

*slurping coffee*

I don't even know what else to say. For all the Hugh's, Jesse's and Wayne's out there... ihatechew.




1 comment:

Jenn Davis said...

I'm annoyed that she hasn't called you back so you can give her all the details.