Saturday, July 19, 2008

Everything happens for a reason!

Yesterday was an odd day. I got laid off for the first time ever. Egh. It really wasn't shocking but it shocked me nonetheless. Make sense? We are in a recession and unfortunately, the company I work for relies on the sale of their homes to be the bread and butter. No sales, time for layoffs. I wasn't the first to go and I'm sad thinking I am probably not the last either.


After hugging my supervisor, I sat in my car and cried for a few moments. I cried for her, isn't that odd? I know how difficult it was for her to have to tell me and I let her know that I understood the circumstances.


Then I picked up my kiddos, came home, made them an awesome dinner, played X-Box with them, bath time, bed time... and then spent several hours reading "How To Stop Worrying & Start Living" by Dale Carnegie. (-- Perfect timing on the majority of the true stories in there, btw...)


And here I am. Third cup of coffee. Polishing up my resume to post on monster.


My current employer has been kind enough to keep me on for an additional 2 weeks so that I can find another job. What kind of job am I going to get? I have no clue. I've been in the industry for almost 10 years and the thought of venturing outside of it is scary as hell. Problem is, the economy is so crappy right now that I don't believe that I have a choice but to do so.*eek*


Everything happens for a reason. My current job pretttttttty much sucks fuzzy donkey parts. I love the company, hate my job. So they are actually doing me a favor I suppose. There isn't anywhere else within the company for me to move so leaving it is.


Am I worried? Of course... I've got 3 angels to support. But I know that I will find something. I'm not above wiping down tables and emptying trash cans to take care of my kids.


My coffee's cold, gotta go.

No comments: