Sunday, May 4, 2008

Boy toys are NOT for girls!!

*scowl*So... Bryan owns a few "swords". Plastic ones, ones that light up and make noise and a wooden one... He's a boy, it's natural I suppose...

Tonight, Catherine strolled over to the couch and questioned , "Hey Mommy, is dis a real s-word?" I was engrossed in matching socks (I'll be damned if I have 50 strays right now!) and said "Mmmhmmm." Catherine blinked... looked at the wooden sword in her hand and asked, "What happen' if I cut you wiff it?" I looked up under the mound of lonely socks and said, "I will spank you with it. And then you will have splinters on your butt." Obviously the fear of splinters in her toosh didn't deter her. She swiped it across my leg which left a red welt.I wailed, "Catherine GRACE!! What was that for?" Her little lip quivered, she dropped the sword to the living room floor and said, " I was diven' you spwintas ferst!"I snagged the sword off the newly shampooed floor (random I know, just had to throw in the fact that I busted my butt cleaning kid stains out of the carpet all day...) and put it inside the kids closet.

A few minutes later, I hear SAWING noises coming from the kids bedroom...Wha' the..?! I dump my mismatched socks on the floor as I leap off the couch and pounce into the bedroom.GOOD GRIEF.There's Madison, sitting on the top bunk watching some over-rated mermaid t.v. show while coloring a masterpiece... And then, there's Catherine. Attempting to saw Maddie's dresser in half with the wooden sword.I don't know how she got it off the top shelf in the closet.There isn't a step stool in their room, there isn't any transportable furniture, and for crimeny sakes!! Madison (AKA - The Informer) is 5 feet away from her!!

For now, I'm locking the wooden sword in the shed. Let her try to get it out of there...

No comments: