Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Pushup dilema!


Me at 9. I was a boy beating-up machine!

I'm a little skurred. (*Note the font color..bock bock..)




Once upon a time, I was a freaking studette. I was able to crank out 150 pushups without breaking a sweat. 250 crunches? No problem. I was b r a v e. I would volunteer myself to spar with men. Not boys, men. Like with jobs & tattoos and shit = Men.




Recently, my son started karate. He's training with the same boys ... er... men I trained with many moons ago. Like when I would have to take a quick break during class to change Bry's diaper. That kind of MANY moons ago.




Anyhow, last weekend he had his yellow belt test. *squealing* It was a rough 2 hours on his almost 13 year old body, but is joyous for me! I hadn't stepped foot in a dojo in nearly 11 years. (*Note to readers: Never date your martial arts instructor. They're crazy & the breaks-ups are horrific.) Yet, right away, it felt like I belonged. A few of the instructors kinda-sorta remembered me. I think. *pfft* Sweeeeet.




Watching Bry made me think, "Wow. This is something that he and I can do together! The girls are with their dad on Tuesday nights... It's mom and son time!" So, I signed up for a private lesson next Tuesday, before class. Ya know, just as a 'refresher course'. ;)




After watching his class tonight, I'm having second thoughts. I'm not sure I can safely execute even one pushup now. Uh-oh... Rugburn on the forehead, here we come...!!

No comments: