Sunday, March 30, 2008

My 4th Child




I garden. It's the nerd in me. (That and reading anything I can get my hot little hands on!) It's a passion that started at a young age and has only flourished these last 4 years or so.




Flowers are of no interest to me, really... I garden veggies. *smaken lips*




Catherine and I started the garden in mid-February. Lemon cucumbers, yellow tomatoes, early girl tomatoes, grape tomatoes & squash. MMM! We start everything from seeds which, yes, takes more time to be able to harvest but it's worth the wait.




My garden is my 4th child. I tend to it every day. Pulling weeds so they don't choke the hell out of my veggies, watering & leveling the soil . The plants start in terra cotta pots that can fit into the palm of your hand. I then transplant them to cup sized pots. From there onto gallon pots & then into the ground. Ü It's a lot of work, but totally worth it! *insert nerdy squeal here*















No comments: